Recently, StoneHeartGaming has developed a Mob Arena on the server. The Mob Arena allows players to choose a variety of classes to fight waves after waves of mobs, with the occasional boss. The classes that are offered include: the tank, the archer, the odd job, the knight, the healer, and the chemist. Each class has its own set of armor, special abilities, and potions; each class will have a set of potions that may heal themselves and/or allies. The abilities are subject to change, so they may be replaced or removed as they are not final.
- The tank class, suited with diamond armor and an iron sword, has the ability to last long in the Arena; the damage is moderate and consistent. This class will only have a small amount of potions to heal oneself in battle. When holding the sneak button, the tank will receive full protection from damage for a limited amount of time.
- The archer class uses the bow and arrow to shoot mobs from a far distance. This class is weak in defense as it has chain-mail armor, but it has a lot of maneuver ability. The class’s special ability is to sprint 40% faster than usual.
- The odd job class is a hybrid between all of the classes. Wearing golden armor and carrying a stone sword and a bow, this class shoots TNT as its special ability and arrows at mobs for area of effect damage. The amount of TNT that the odd job will be able to fire, however, will be around 20. The potions that are carried by the odd job are splash potions of harming (instant damage II) and splash potion of regeneration (regeneration II).
- The knight class specializes in burst damage with a diamond sword and the iron armor gives it a moderate defense. The knight has three potions of strength (strength II); the special ability of this class is to enchant the sword when sprinting. The enchantment has yet to be chosen and the ability has not been entered into the game.
- The healer is a supporting class that does as its title suggests: heals allies in the mob arena. The healer is equipped with an iron sword, four different potions, and chain-mail armor enchanted with thorns II. The potions include splash potions of regeneration II, splash healing potions of instant health, splash potion of strength, and splash potion of fire resistance. Currently, there are no special abilities for this class, but a stun may be incorporated to hold off hordes of mobs.
- The chemist class offers area of effect damage to groups of mobs with potions and offers some support through splash potions of healing (instant health). The class wears a full set of golden armor, wields a stone sword, and carries a stack of splash potion of harming (instant damage II), potions of healing, and potions of swiftness (speed II). For now, there are no special abilities available for the chemist.
The Mob Arena is updating frequently. If you have any questions, please leave a comment or contact a staff member; ideas for class abilities and improvements will be acknowledged, please leave suggestions in the comments if any!